What We Do
Covenant Foundation's purpose is to support Covenant Health's 150-year legacy of providing quality compassionate care -- healing the body, enriching the mind and nurturing the soul. The Foundation raises funds to help support leading edge programs and services, state of the art health care equipment, research and education.
Our 2019-2020 Grant Program is now open.
Applications must be submitted to your Director or Senior Director of Operations before January 18, 2019
All Covenant facilities, programs and units are encouraged to apply.
Download the application.
Covenant Foundation exists to provide opportunities for the community at large to support and contribute to Covenant Health.
Covenant Foundation raises funds in many ways including special events. We also rely on the direct donation support from our community members.
We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, including these milestones:
- Covenant Foundation, formerly Caritas Foundation, raised $10 million for a Board-directed endowment supporting the Misericordia and Grey Nuns Community Hospitals and the Edmonton General Continuing Care Centre. Interest income from the endowment supports equipment purchase, state of the art programs and services and research and education.
- Covenant Foundation, formerly Caritas Foundation, raised $3 million to support a $30 million enhancement of the Misericordia Hospital – returning the standing of the Misericordia to that of a community hospital from a health centre.
- Covenant Foundation's, formerly Caritas Foundation, participation in the “Health Smart” solution capital campaign secured $600,000 for the Grey Nuns Community Hospital’s Womens’ Wellness program and $600,000 for the Misericordia Community Hospital’s iRSM – head and reconstruction program, formerly known as COMPRU.
- Covenant Foundation, formerly Caritas Foundation, proudly supports the Misericordia’s P.A.R.T.Y. program, which is aimed at preventing alcohol and risk related trauma in youth for $60,000.
- Covenant Foundation, formerly Caritas Foundation raised $100,000 for the enhancement of the Misericordia Community Hospital’s mental health program. Funds are used to enhance the environment to create a more home-like atmosphere thusly making the care environment less institutional.
- Covenant Foundation, formerly Caritas Foundation, raised over $850,000 for the replacement of manual beds to electric beds at the Edmonton General Continuing Care Centre. The new beds provide greater safety for our valuable staff and the residents. The beds also provide more comfort and mobility to the residents in our care.
- Covenant Foundation, formerly Caritas Foundation, purchased two new hyperbaric oxygen chambers for the Misericorida Community Hospital for $400,000. The two chambers are used to treat many disorders such as carbon dioxide poisoning, health consequences of debilitating diseases (such as diabetes and cancer) and wounds that are difficult to heal. It is the only publicly funded program by Alberta Health Services in the province.
- Covenant Foundation, formerly Caritas Foundation, directs $175,000 of funds raised to purchase new electro-digital monitoring systems for both the Misericordia and Grey Nuns Community Hospitals.